Lavender essential oil gently cools and calms our spirits. Lavender is a must for the first aid kit. Lavender essential oil is popular for its relaxing and healing qualities, and may improve sleep and general wellbeing.
- Helps tone and revitalise skin.
- May be useful for all types of skin problems such as acne, oily skin, boils, burns, sunburn, wounds, psoriasis, lice, insect bites and stings.
- Can be beneficial for problems such as bronchitis, asthma, colds and throat infections.
- May provide relief for muscular aches and pains.
- Calming, soothing, may improve sleeplessness and have a soothing and calming effect on the nerves.
- May help with tension, panic, anxiety and nervous exhaustion in general and may be effective for headaches, migraines and insomnia.
Botanical name: Lavandula angustifolia/ Lavandula intermedia (Lavender) oil
Direction for use:
- Diffuser: Add 6-8 drops of Lavender essential oil to a diffuser.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath: Add up to 5 drops in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Topically: Mix 1 drop of chosen essential oil with 5ml carrier oil and apply to wrists, chest or back of the neck.
- Blemishes or wounds: Lavender can be applied neat to the skin making it perfect for spot treatments – apply 1 drop to skin blemishes or wounds.
- Massage: Use a 2.5% dilution; 50 drops per 100ml carrier oil.
- Face massage: Add 1 drop in 5ml carrier oil.
- Hand or foot bath: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. Soak your feet after a long day.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down, use cold to room temperature water. For aching, tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.
- Blends well with: Black Pepper, Sweet Orange, Geranium, Lemon, Neroli, Ylang Ylang and Patchouli.
Note: Too much Lavender can have the opposite effect and become stimulating.
Do not ingest
Avoid during pregnancy
Keep out of reach of children
Consult with a professional before use