For newborns and babies either swaddled, or arms-out sleeping once rolling.
Our Cocoon Swaddle Bags are designed to be both easy to use and difficult to escape from. This zip-up swaddle is TOG rated for warmth to keep a baby snug and securely swaddled without the need for complicated wrapping from day one. Being TOG-rated means that the 2.5 TOG can be used on its own in room temperatures between 17-23°C / 63-73°F with no blankets in the bassinet or cot.
The Cocoon Swaddle bag is made from and filled with GOTS certified organic cotton, with elastane in the outer fabric and bamboo in the lining. The stretch allows for added comfort, and for a baby to move its hands into a self-settling position inside the swaddle. The soft, breathable organic cotton and bamboo is certified non-toxic. A zip enclosure also protects your child’s delicate skin, and the handy arm poppers transition the Cocoon from an arms-in swaddle to arms-out sleeping bag when baby is showing signs of rolling.
The Cocoon Swaddle Bag is reviewed by the Eczema Association of Australasia as a skin-friendly product.
- GOTS certified organic cotton
- Made & filled with organic cotton
- Bamboo Viscose
- Breathable Natural Fibres
- Super Stretchy
- Bell-shaped bottom
- Converts to sleeping bag
- Keeps baby snug
- TOG-rated for warmth
- Zip enclosure
- Two-way zip
- Certified non-toxic
- No blankets needed
- Machine washable
- Body: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Lining: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Filling: 100% Organic Cotton
Size & Care:
0000: Chest 18 cm, Length 52 cm.
To fit: Weight 2-5 kg, Height 55 cm, Size 0000
0-3M: Chest 21 cm, Length 60 cm.
To fit: Weight 3-6 kg, Height 62 cm, Size 000
3-6M: Chest 24 cm, Length 70 cm.
To fit: Weight 6-8 kg, Height 62-68 cm, Size 00
6-12M: Chest 27 cm, Length 76 cm.
To fit: Weight 8-10 kg, Height 68-76 cm, Size 0
HOW TO USE
1. Lay Cocoon on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Cocoon. Tuck legs into swaddle, and zip up with baby’s hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest).
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the swaddle to release legs and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
If your newborn baby does not like being swaddled, it is also good to sleep the in the Cocoon Swaddle Bag with their arms out from the beginning.
Gentle cold wash, Low tumble dry, Moderately Hot Iron, Drycleanable, Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment.
Ensure you buy the correct size for your baby’s weight, to prevent the Cocoon Swaddle Bag from riding up around your baby’s face.
Not suitable for use in a 5 point harness.
As this product is made from organic cotton and bamboo and is not treated with chemical fire retardants the following white fire label applies.
Fire Hazard Label
According to AS/NZS 1249:2014: